Louis Lehot is a consummate lawyer and a master networker, with productive relationships that span the globe. His startup and emerging company clients value his strong ties to venture funds, corporate venture arms, and private equity investors. His fund and investor clients rely on him for his deep and geographically diverse experience and his focus on long-term partnerships.
Delivering efficiency from fund formation to platform creation through exit, Louis Lehot works with some of the most recognized names in venture funds and private equity, regularly advising them in deploying and harvesting capital. Clients have praised his results as well as his way of relating to them:
- “Louis is spot on in his predictions of how each scenario will play out.”
- “Louis Lehot is results-oriented and an excellent communicator.”
- “I trust him to give me a broader perspective on the challenges that arise.”
Louis’s work in this arena extends to fund formation — including creating tax-efficient deal structures, advising on portfolio company investment and planning, offering strategic investment counsel, networking with potential investors, and handling transactional work for funds.
Some of his most recent public representations include:
- Serving as counsel to Riverwood Capital, which led the most recent round of Series D funding in Degreed Inc., a Pleasanton, California-based software company serving human resources departments. With this round of $153 million in investment, Degreed is now valued at more than $1.4 billion.
- Advising New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and Connect Ventures as lead investors in the $90 million Series B funding round of FightCamp, an at-home boxing and kickboxing connected fitness platform. FightCamp plans to use the investment proceeds to expand to the Android platform, launch internationally, and increase the depth of its interactive content to help users dive deeper into the sport of boxing, kickboxing, and martial arts.
- Counseling Riverwood Capital as the lead investor in the $110 million Series D funding in Alation Inc., a market leader in enterprise data intelligence. With this new round of investment, Alation is now valued at $1.2 billion.
Representing TCG Crossover in its significant Series B investment in Entrada Therapeutics. The Boston-based biotech company raised $116 million in Series B funding in support of its new focus on neuromuscular diseases and getting their first Duchenne muscular dystrophy program into the clinic.
- Representing Softbank Vision Fund in making investments in global technology and healthcare companies and bringing several businesses to the public markets and exit.
- Advising Silver Lake Partners in investing and harvesting capital.
- Counseling Symphony Technology Group, a PE firm focused on fueling innovative software, data, and analytics leaders in the mid-market, in wielding and reaping capital.
Whether he is advising startups or the entities that invest in them, Louis Lehot fervently dedicates himself to the immediate and long-term success of his clients, network partners, and friends.
Originally published on Louislehotattorney.com